Combined heat and power (CHP) is an efficient and clean approach to generating your own electric power and thermal energy on-site using natural gas.
Instead of purchasing electricity from the local utility and burning fuel in an on-site furnace or boiler to produce thermal energy, an industrial or commercial facility can use CHP to provide both energy services in one energy-efficient step.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Every CHP application involves the recovery of otherwise-wasted thermal energy to produce useful and valuable thermal energy or electricity at little or no additional cost.
In a typical system, natural gas is combusted in either a gas turbine or reciprocating engine to generate electricity. Energy normally lost through hot exhaust or cooling is instead recovered to provide heat for steam, hot water, or even space heating, cooling, or dehumidification.
- CHP reduces energy costs for the user
- CHP reduces the risk of electric grid disruptions and enhances energy reliability for the user. This is particularly useful for hospitals, research institutions, or industrial facilities where electric power outages are particularly disruptive and costly
CHP provides predictability in the face of uncertain electricity prices.
HOW CAN XNG HELP?
Co-generation systems are more complicated than fuel conversion for the customer – and that's where we can help.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Applications for State and Federal incentives
- System Design and Costing
- Construction Management
- Equipment procurement, installation, commissioning
- Electrical sales and load balancing
- On-going site operations and maintenance
- Comprehensive equipment leasing and purchase options
It starts with a call and a site visit. We will work with you every step of the way so you realize the full benefits of a natural gas CHP on time and on budget.